“And then one day, the cute little princess got old…”
May 17th, 2010 → Leave a comment
There are some things I’ve been noticing for a while in these new years of my adulthood.
1. My new friend Eddy is a recent college graduate. I see him with his “I’m taking a bite out of LA enthusiasm” and I’m exhausted by his energy. I think, “Wow, that was so ten years ago.”
2. I don’t partake in gossip about who is dating who with the excitement I once did. I do run people’s addresses through Zillow to see how much they paid for their home and what their property is worth.
3. I buy overpriced presents from my friends’ overpriced wedding and baby gift registries. I wince less and less about it.
4. I have been invited to picnics (not a party, a picnic) every weekend for the last three weekends. Activities included a water balloon toss and lawn croquet. I screamed out during the balloon toss, “Oh my god! This is the most fun I’ve ever had!” I was serious.
5. As I was putting on my tiara so I could crash the Asian Pacific Filmfest as Fannie Wong, Former Miss Chinatown 2nd Runner Up, 3 white hairs exposed themselves. And that was just one one side of my head. There were more on the other.
6. I just sent out an evite for my housewarming party which happens in the daytime and I told people it was ok for them to bring their parents or kids to the party. I am purposely not holding a party at night because I don’t want people to get out of control and ruin my floors. Plus, I get so tired at night.
7. I realized last month at the Vet’s office that my cat Oliver is 12 years old.
8. I’m considering taking a soapmaking class to spice up my life.
9. I’m more turned on by his taste in furniture than his looks. And if it doesn’t work out between us, we can actually stay friends.
10. I am drinking a beer alone right now as I type. Not to get drunk. Not to be social. Just to take the edge off.
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!!? WHO AM I RIGHT NOW!?!