Well, at least I’m not dead.
September 1st, 2006 → Leave a comment
How do i feel lately?
* Have not made much progress on the Wong Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest because my time has been consumed creating and sending press packets for this yet-to-be-written-if-I-wasn’t-sending-press-packets-for-this-show-show. And time is a ticking.
* Rent is going up again. Another $40 a month. That’s $480 more a year.
* When I look at the Real Estate section in the Times my heart breaks in two hundred pieces.
* The most affordable set up seems to be one bedroom condos in North Hollywood. Do you know how hot it gets there in the summers? Do you know how long it takes to get down the 101?
* My parents are now censoring my blog content from 400 miles away. They will probably call me later to strike that last sentence.
* I read something in American Theater Magazine about how touring for artists was dead because nobody has money anymore. I ask, how much longer will I beat the odds?
* Gig in Chicago was cancelled.
* Moths all over the apartment and I can’t find the nest.
* All sorts of very personal crap not worth going into.
On the bright side, I am 1/4 of the way through a baby blanket for my friend Reagan’s baby. And, last I checked, I was still breathing.
Where was the zest for life that I once knew so well?
Well, now I feel better. Thanks for listening. Onward with my one woman revolution!